wiring loom fault finding

Any electrical issues

by MIKECALIBRA1 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:03 pm

[img]/sad.gif[/img] does anybody know where i can get a wiring loom tested i live just outside edinburgh
it is for a 16v redtop the loom was cut in half by a moron before i got the car a pal has heat sealed the loom but i have the engine management light on all the time and the car is running like a bag of .......you know what
i just cant find another loom the same as it is a red top but it does not have a distributor
p.s dont worry guys this is not my turbo its another car
MIKECALIBRA1

by Topbuzz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:30 pm

> anybody know where i can get a wiring loom tested

There isn't one.
You'l have to use schematics in the back of the haynes book and a DMM to measure each signal wire to see if it goes to the right place.

> and the car is running like a bag of .......you know what

well if the car tuns over, fires up and actuall starts and idels, then there can't be much wrong with it. As the ECU light is on, then you can get a TECH1 or TECH2 reader on it to look at the codes, your do it yourself for free with a paper clip. See my guide

<a href="http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm" target="_blank">http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm</a>

> i just cant find another loom the same as it is a red top but it
> does not have a distributor

There were two types of C20XE, M2.5 and M2.8 (the fuel system). As you have a DIS (no dizzy), then you want M2.8 C20XE engine stuff. These are common and you will find these in Astras, Cavaliers and Calibras.
Alan Knight (Topbuzz)
=======================
W: www.topbuzz.co.uk
E: webmaster@topbuzz.co.uk
=======================
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MIKECALIBRA1 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:18 pm

[img]/smile.gif[/img] thanks alan
i will give it a go at the weekend
many thanks again
mike