oil pressure sensor

Any electrical issues

by gran » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:15 pm

the oil pressure gague is sitting right over to the right hand side, i would imagine it's probably just a dodgy connection somewhere?

where does it take the reading from?
any chance somebody can post a pic up for me?

cheers james
gran

by Col_UK » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:13 pm

blimey aint got a pic but i'll check me haynes manual
it takes a reading from the oil pressure sensor/sender
this is a picture of where the sensor goes
does that help
but ur should look more like this

thanks to topbuzz for the picture ;-)
Col_UK

by Phantom » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:58 pm

Sorry Col but it's in a different place on the XEV engine, it's on top of the sump where it projects forwards
Phantom

by Col_UK » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:29 am

didnt no wot engine he had
Col_UK

by Phantom » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:27 am

no problem Col it's just the old red top and ecotec engine are quite different when you look at them closely, there is even a difference between Grans' engine and mine.
Gran if you pop the bonnet and look down past the exhaust manifold you should see the sump projecting forwards, the sensor fits in the top of the sump housing, cicrcular in shape with a connector and two wires coming from it
Phantom

by Col_UK » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:05 pm

sounds easier than on mine :roll:
Col_UK

by Phantom » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

the one things that has happened to mine is the oil seal going around the sensor thus causing an oil leak, needed to take the sump off to change it
Phantom

by Fraz » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:39 pm

it's into the sump? you not talking about the level sensor are you
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by gran » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:20 am

cheers fellas, my fault for not saying what engine i had! :oops:

when it eventually stops raining i'll get out and have a look and hopefully that'll sort it.
gran

Problems adjusting handbrake

by one_more_inch » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:13 pm

Mine has recently started doing exactly the same thing, turn ignition on & the needle jumps from rest all the way right! [img]/sad.gif[/img]

I also have the ecotec so this thread is ideal! Yay!

So have we come to the conclusion its just the connection or earth?
Or could it be just as likely the sensor/sender switch is dead?

Also while im here, I take it oil will leak from the sump on undoing said switch?
one_more_inch

Silver Cally's

by Tattooman » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:27 pm

mine too, need exact location of sender unit to check connections. some say on front of sump at the front, others say on the oil pump itself, which is it on an ecotec?
Tattooman

by one_more_inch » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:00 am

Its as phantom describes on the ecotec.

I havnt sorted mine yet though! All ive done is unplug the wiring & had a look to see if it was a dirty connection or something.
Couldnt see anything wrong with the connection, plugged it back in & its still the same!!

Might have a more in-depth look this weekend.
one_more_inch

by Tattooman » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:30 pm

i jacked the car up and had a look at the sump. i have a round connector on the lower part with two wires coming out, which leads up into the engine bay and is connected near the battery, but you say the sender plug is on top of the sump housing on the ecotec xev engine??
Tattooman

by Phantom » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:40 pm

Sorry I may have misled you a little, indeed I have pointed you towards the oil level sensor, sorry for the inconvenience, but at least we all know where that is now
Phantom

progressive springs

by one_more_inch » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:35 am

Oh rite, so thats the oil level plug then?? LOL

At least i wont be spending sunday afternoon fiddling with the wrong bit now then!!

Cheers! :wink:
one_more_inch

Next