LET the rebuild begin

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by bodgetastic » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:10 pm

Started to make a bit of progress on the car now. First up was to give her the first wash of the year, AND the sun was out :lol:

Next up to give the engine bay a good clean so masked up all the connectors ready to get the jet washer out, nice and messy engine bay and the loom is gonna need a bit of attention too, dam I hate electrics :D

After spending a bit of time easing the brakes/handbrake I finally get her in the fabulous make shift garage, bit tight on space now though :lol:

And the first arrival for the car is the new fuel pump, plenty more things I need to start ordering this week though

Last edited by bodgetastic on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Lao » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:45 pm

I've been watching your progress for almost 45 minutes now, and I must admit, this is by far the best described rebuild i have ever seen, EXCEPT one thing: scrapy photos. Are they made with a mobile phone or what?!

Congratulations on your work!! You deserve a big applause!! Cheers!

Lao Mayer.
Lao

by bodgetastic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 am

Lao wrote:I've been watching your progress for almost 45 minutes now, and I must admit, this is by far the best described rebuild i have ever seen, EXCEPT one thing: scrapy photos. Are they made with a mobile phone or what?!

Congratulations on your work!! You deserve a big applause!! Cheers!

Lao Mayer.

lol yes the photos are a 50/50 split between a 5mp sony camera and a 5mp nokia and I have to say the phone takes much better pics than the sony camera which I think takes rubbish pictures indoors with the flash (unless its just me lol) :D

Thanks for the kind words though, hope the pics can be of some use to people doing a similar project B)
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Brian » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Hows it going
Brian

by bodgetastic » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 pm

Brian wrote:Hows it going

Progress has been slow over the last month or so. I have been working flat out on it at weekends but not getting anywhere fast. Been concentrating on the underneath of the car as I thought while it was off the road I could give it a good clean and paint, but wish I had never started as it has been a nightmare job. All is eventually clean ready for painting now with some underbody primer and paint I have bought. Should hopefully start that next week and can then move on to changing brake and fuel lines. This is what it looks like at the mo......
Attachments
14102007122.1.jpg
14102007122.1.jpg (55.13 KiB) Viewed 7957 times
14102007123.1.jpg
14102007123.1.jpg (75.9 KiB) Viewed 7956 times
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by specks » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:01 am

pictures not working for me.

now they are,dunno how.
specks

by bodgetastic » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:54 pm

specks wrote:pictures not working for me.

now they are,dunno how.

Most of the pics are uploaded with dooberywhatsit but it has been down for a bit now so not working :huh:
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by bodgetastic » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Still wishing I had never started working on the underside as it is taking a life time. Most of it is now primed though and started have started with the top coat but still going to take a few more weekends of work to get it finished. If anyone is bored on the weekend I have plenty of spare brushes lol !!

Heres how its looking so far...
Attachments
18112007191.1.jpg
18112007191.1.jpg (77.89 KiB) Viewed 7899 times
17112007190.1.jpg
17112007190.1.jpg (83.87 KiB) Viewed 7900 times
17112007187.1.jpg
17112007187.1.jpg (100.26 KiB) Viewed 7897 times
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Allys Cally » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 pm

what a difference mate, between you and aldo your making me green with envy. just wish i had the time and money to do this to mine. keep up the good work :mrgreen: < told you i was green with envy lol
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by bodgetastic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Not much to shout about at the moment in terms of progress although I seem to be spending my weekends solid achieving very little :lol:

The cars now painted underneath, very happy with the results even though it has taken weeks and weeks, definately wouldnt want to do it again in the near future

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by bodgetastic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:27 pm

New radiator has arrived so I can now get rid of the tiny FMIC. Should do the job nicely....

And the brakelines / fuel lines :? . I spent the day at goodridge and let them measure everything up as I wanted everything right first time when your spending over £600 on parts but its all turned up and hardly anything is correct. The fuel pipe fittings are the wrong colour which is a minor issue but brake pipe fittings are UNF rather than metric (better I find out now rather than after heavy braking). The brake kits are also wrong and im not happy that the fittings tighten into the brake kits in less than two complete turns, anyone else experienced this? Dont get much for your money (wheels not included :wink: ) .....

Should be fun bending this stainless steel brake line

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by asim_v6_cali » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:41 am

eee u have the wheels i want lol, very good project, keep up the good work, be all worth it in the end
asim_v6_cali

by bodgetastic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Few more bits to start fitting this weekend. Decided against retaining the air con fan for the rad so have gone for a Pacet one, very helpful guys at Pacet if people are looking to order things 8)

Also a Setrab cooler im gonna use for the PAS system, new mocal sandwich plate and mocal oil cooler on its way.

Been stripping the engine bay, plan for this weekend is to fit a new steering rack (still a b*tch of a job with the engine removed :lol: ) And hopefully fit the fuel tank and fuel lines.

Few weekends graft and should be ready for the engine :twisted:

Thread pics have now been reloaded for anyone interested and will update spec list sometime next week.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by richymotor » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:35 pm

i want that whole thing finished next week .... there's no excuses now :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:52 pm

richymotor wrote:i want that whole thing finished next week .... there's no excuses now :)

Cheers for the motivational words Rich :lol:

Gonna try and crack on with things this week and hopefully be ready for the engine to go back in next weekend. Been stripping the front today ready for the rad and coolers...

Trial fitting of the rad. Fits the space well although the mounts are going to need a little bit of work to fit perfectly..

Should be just enough room for the coolers to fit in front of the rad without having to do too much cutting and welding..

Other plans for the week are to sort out the electrics, finish the fuel lines, make up the brake lines, and fit the gauges. Should be a busy week but got lots of p***y to keep me going :lol: ........

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext