Any idea what could have done this to the nearside wheel ?

For all general things Calibra related

Any idea what could have done this to the nearside wheel ?

by crinklebender » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Took it for an MOT .. I waited in the office ..when I drove out the garage I thought the nearside front pulled to the right a bit.. but i thought maybe the brake test strained the steering.. drove it home (round the corner) and noticed the wheel damage as soon as I got out the car.

.. an easy fix.. I am curious what occurred. Did I kerb it on the way to the garage.. Not kerbed a car ever ! so no idea what that feels like.. It looks high for a kerbing..

and the scrapes near the centre of the wheel, another freebie from the last tyre place I took it to.. Beginning to think I should leave a dashcam running in these places.

Last edited by crinklebender on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Any idea what could have done this to the nearside wheel

by craigyboy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Maybe its rubbed off something in the garage,possibly
a part on the side of the ramps? :think:
Some of these garages don't give a toss!
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by crinklebender » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:55 pm

craigyboy wrote:Maybe its rubbed off something in the garage,possibly
a part on the side of the ramps? :think:
Some of these garages don't give a toss!

It seemed like an OK garage.. but the owner did not appear to be in control of his staff, going by the number of times he had to break up their fighting. When i raised this issue of the wheel he immediately jumped up and started denied everything, outright and even had a go at my bonnet being put on squint, when I was breaking down his non arguments.. what antics .. i have a recording of him going of on one. I learned the hard way from two bodged clutch repairs to audio record garages, but now it seems video might be required.

But not making a big deal over a marked wheel, which is a very cheap way to find out which garages are into avoiding responsibility. Its taken me years to find a couple of wee back street places in glasgow that dont do that. I strayed this one time and look what happens !
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by crinklebender » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:57 pm

its the medium sized garages with a strong local rep that are into denial of responsibility. Over the past few years I noticed that. Not the dealers or the wee back street places, reverse of what you would think.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by crinklebender » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Motor codes, maybe the start of fair redress when a visit to the garage goes wrong.. some of the main dealers and a few of the smaller glasgow garages have signed up for it

http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by crinklebender » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:32 pm

http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/motorist/the-codes/what-are-the-codes.html

Motor Codes is a voluntary organisation created for the motor industry and motorists, to provide a check and balance on customer service levels. Our Codes of Practice - for new car sales, service and repair warranties have been developed by those within the motor industry to provide a self-regulatory regime by which individual garages can demonstrate their intention to operate as responsible businesses and have in place a speedy dispute resolution service that consumers can readily access in the event of a service issue.

Supported by government organisations and with our own activities overseen by a panel led by Trading Standards Chief Executive, Ron Gainsford OBE, Motor Codes is working towards full approval by the Trading Standards Institute (TSI) under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme. TSI Approved Codes promote and safeguard consumers' interests by helping consumers identify better businesses and to encourage businesses to raise their standards of customer service.

Our Codes are simple and straightforward for subscribers to follow but effective in maintiaing first-class customer service.

Developing a network of professional, reliable, quality garages, currently at over 7,800 across the UK, Motor Codes is unique in that it provides ratings and customer comments on its garages, viewable to potential customers using our Garage Finder tool.

This feedback is obtained via our online Code Survey.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by wuffy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Could have been scuffed up against a high curb out on the street?
1996 ceramic blue 16v ecotec
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by crinklebender » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Did look for high kerbs on the route to the garage but no luck so far. Open to the idea I did it on the way there and never noticed.

minor issue really.. I can fix myself.. and lead me to finding there are many garages in glasgow that subscribe to the motor code now. There is a whole complaints procedure that looks in depth.. looks good for when major repairs need done

http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/images/stor ... nt_web.pdf
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net