a bit of a shame

For all general things Calibra related

Re: a bit of a shame

by tazz666 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:11 pm

i can see what everyone is saying it only has cosmetic changes, but it is a rare car with special trim, and you just cant go into vx dealership and replace any trim piece's, you have to go to tickford,
Tickford are responsible for quite a lot of vehicles not just the capri,
they were also responsible for the mg meastro turbo,montego turbo and a lot of the australian v8 falcons, so to me anything with the tickford badge has a bit of cudos,even if it was just a styling exercise :D
tazz666

by vinny_69 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:12 pm

callyman wrote:Still having withdrawal symptons Vinny?

only every day :(
vinny_69

by v6 steve » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:22 pm

how do you know the steering wheel is missing?

I know there isnt much to the tickford but they didnt make that many and we should be trying to save as many calibras as we can (apart from the North Crap ones)
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Fraz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:55 pm

was it not the Astra that won best of show at Billing ....all be it by one vote :D
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 am

Fraz wrote:all be it by one vote :D

Again................. :wink:
vinny_69

by k1nty » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 pm

v6 steve wrote:how do you know the steering wheel is missing?

I know there isnt much to the tickford but they didnt make that many and we should be trying to save as many calibras as we can (apart from the North Crap ones)

check out photos in previous thread...has standard 4 spoke job and not the montego/maestro looking wheel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
k1nty

by v6 steve » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:43 pm

k1nty wrote:
v6 steve wrote:how do you know the steering wheel is missing?

check out photos in previous thread...has standard 4 spoke job and not the montego/maestro looking wheel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

cheers mate think thats an early turbo wheel, might still have a wee go at it just need to do somthing about the wheel :think:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 pm

ive got same wheel on my early redtop....it was on all pre airbag calibras i believe...turbo just had a different badge in centre.if you look at the red tickford photos youll see the tickford steering wheel is the same as the montego /maestro one which as someone mentioned were also styled by aston martin tickford.

just looked at the mg,metro,maestro,montego on pistonheads and the whole styling is almost same....seats,doorcards,steering wheel etc etc
k1nty

by jonthevauxhallman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

If you all can remember about a year ago I bought this car on e-bay, it had black paint splatted down the n/s/r quarter, I sold the car to be able to buy the convertible I now have.
jonthevauxhallman

by v6 steve » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 pm

jonthevauxhallman wrote:If you all can remember about a year ago I bought this car on e-bay, it had black paint splatted down the n/s/r quarter, I sold the car to be able to buy the convertible I now have.

hi john is it worth haveing ?
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by jonthevauxhallman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:55 am

Hi steve

When I sold it to the guy who had it off me I supplied him with a good head lining as this was sagging, I can't see from the pictures if this has been changed, ref the steering wheel it is a standard wheel with what looks like a carbon fibre label in the centre circle.

The vehicle is complete but does need a reasonable amount of cleaning up inside it has been left to go very grubby, I would deffinatly think it is worth having especially at the sort of price it is on at at the moment.

I managed to clean off the paint down the n/side, and a general clean all over before she was sold, she looked a lot better after this.

If I had the room I would consider having her back as they are quite rare and it needs to be saved not broken.
jonthevauxhallman

by v6 steve » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:39 am

He's ended the aution early that diss ma head in
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by T.F.S. » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 am

i have never understood why a tickford is so special, it looks more basic than a base model let alone a turbo version :alright:
T.F.S.

by tazz666 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:21 am

T.F.S. wrote:i have never understood why a tickford is so special, it looks more basic than a base model let alone a turbo version :alright:

what made these different to the normal calibra's of the time of build where the materials used,in the build.
and design, and little touches to the spec of the car ie footwell lights, gray with red figures on the dials alacantra clothe interior, and they never made a turbo version as the turbo wasnt released yet,
tazz666

by T.F.S. » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 am

the leather interior was always an option from day one of production though? (well either that or the early ones i worked on had retrofit) and TBH those seats look worse than the stock material ones...totally out of place IMO

if the tickford badge ment more power/better handling then i could understand it but most were the old (slow) 8v engines, its quite sad really because vauxhall could have made a special calibra with loads more power and better materials but apart from the turbo version it never happened

but hey having a footwell light is a slight improvement at least thats one aspect of the car that they actually improved even though any interior improvement is negated by the fact that they felt the need to fit those horrific seats and whatever that thing is that blocks the dash cubbyhole lol

for me any i suspect many others the tickford version is a bit of a bad joke and is best forgotten, sorry to be harsh but this is never going to be the "one to have", that will always be the late 4x4 turbo version (IMO)
T.F.S.

PreviousNext