Finally had to sell my much loved cali and move on

For all general things Calibra related

Finally had to sell my much loved cali and move on

by Richiem » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:30 am

Hi all

Sold the cali last week which i must admitt was really hard to do and im still feeling rotten about it!
I simply couldnt justify the amount of money she needed spending on her in the up and coming months to keep her in the a1 condition ive always struggled to do.
I had some great times in the yrs i owned her including 2 tv shoots but ive also had lot of mares with continious expensive jobs which finally almost broke me.
The thing is, i was so into the car that i was always putting her before everything else including my family and this had to stop..
Ive now sold her on to noelboy whos a good pal and a member of this site and im glad to know he will have the finances and the desire to keep up the hard work..
Ive now bought myself a vectra cdti sri which doesnt really put a smile on my face but has ended the obsession :cry:
I must say im likin the comfort and double fuel miles of the veccy but am really missing the way i use to feel when i went out in my stunning cali and the buzz of the power..
As daft as it sounds i feel really down. Im gutted but it was the right thing to do..
Anyway, enough whinging! Best of luck to all those out there with there calis.. 8)
:violin: :violin:
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Finally had to sell my much loved cali and move on

by vinny_69 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:16 am

I know what you mean mate :(
vinny_69

Re: Finally had to sell my much loved cali and move on

by c20xehunterkit » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 am

I know what you mean mate! i stripped my let engine and sold it off in parts cause worth more money as bought a new car and couldn't afford to run both, but i've decided to drop a standard redtop in mine and once it's MOT'd i'll have to decide weather to keep her or sell her as iif i keep her i won't use her much but i felt it only right i keep her on the road :(
c20xehunterkit