glad thats done

For all general things Calibra related

glad thats done

by caprixpack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:46 am

well had the car 2 and a half years now so thought it was about time i changed the plugs and leads,

wasn't looking forward to it as it looked like a pain in the arse to do but wasn't to bad only taken about 40 mins. was surprised to find one of the rear spark plugs only half way screwed in though guess that explains the random missfire at 3000 rpm at full throttle that has now gone lol, its a totally different car to drive now has a nice smooth idle witch it didnt before which i thought was down the the 3.0 cams but obviously not also pulls better and doesnt seem to have the flat spot it used to have either can't belive its a 148000 mile engine :D also the inlet manifold gasket looked like it had not been replaced when the previous owner had been messing about painting the inlet manifold.
caprixpack

Re: glad thats done

by BazV6er » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 pm

im still on the original leads that were on the car when i bought it and it doesnt seem to have any probs
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by lammy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Well done mate..satisfying if you ain't done that before?..and a bonus to have found your problem and sorted it..now really enjoy the car!
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by lammy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:42 pm

ignore this post..lol..and carry on.,...
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Callyman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Baz, Original leads are better than 95% of after market 'upgrades'.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by caprixpack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:03 pm

thats what it had on cheapo red silicone ones gone back to oem bosch ones and bosch super 4 plugs
caprixpack