Am I Paranoid?

For all general things Calibra related

Am I Paranoid?

by zeebie » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:42 am

I am just wondering if anyone else has had any other similar occurrence.

I don't really consider the Cali as a cop magnet. i don't do anything wrong just drive normally and such (specially as i don't want to waste fuel as i am tight on $$ the last few months)

Anyway over the last few months i've randomly had police follow me as i drive around town for instances for up to 30minutes at a time. the first time it happened was i was driving around in the rain at night.. after turning down a bunch of side streets going down dead ends and turning around and such, i flagged them down and played dumb and asked for directions...

It then happened a few more times during the day light on the way to work and such.

But then last night i was driving home from work, i pulled onto the highway there was a car about 200 meters or so behind me, a few moments later it was up my tail, and i noticed it was a police SUV, anyway as i drove sitting on the speed limit, it sat constantly on my back then as i was getting into my home town, i turned off... then it followed me with no indication. anyway i drove around my home town for about 10minutes with it following me, anyway my gf lives up where there is a nice set of hills, windy roads and intersections and not very good vision. So i turned down these roads with the suv still following me.. i went over the rise then booted it down the hill before backing off. around the corner, etc. after doing that a few times, they where a good distance behind and i got over the other side of another rise and turned off down a spare road and went to my gf house.

My question do i just ignore them and let them follow me home each time? or do i lose them? because i find it rather intimating/ frustrating having people follow me around specially to places i am going.

I know of a really nice set of dirt roads that are marked at 100 but most people travel down them at 40-60 as its really windy and you slide out a lot. might use that next time.
zeebie

Re: Am I Paranoid?

by RobbieV » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:59 am

Your paranoid, If you boot it and lose them it just gives them the opportunity to follow and pull you.

Drive sensible and within the law and you have nothing to worry about.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Yep totally agree. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. The car might have a history to it such as being owned by a known dealer for example which may be reason why the police have followed you but if you are trying to loose them it shows you are trying to hide something.
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by BazV6er » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:31 pm

agreed, if a cop sees my car its like theyve never seen a calibra before lol but they dont follow me unless i look shifty lol.

only ever been stopped at 11 pm in a ford orion (probably to say whats that heap of junk on the road lol
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by vinny_69 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:56 pm

i was stopped the other day on the way home from work at 1am, ok i did have a headlight out and blue sidelights but why me :lol:
its the first time ive been stopped for ages but i had a good laugh with em at the side of the road i must have been chatting for half an hour about other stuff and then i was clear to go. but i have been pulled for some real stupid reasons

i once had a nova saloon c720smv
the copper who pulled me over said i had a dodgy numberplate???

stolen
motor
vehicle

FFS :think:
vinny_69

by Fraz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:15 pm

the first time it happened was i was driving around in the rain at night.. after turning down a bunch of side streets going down dead ends and turning around and such

what time at night ??? and if I was a copper that would be suspicious behaviour....and if it was me first time I notice dthem floowing I would just pull over and stop, get out and go for a walk, leave them to check it out over the radio ...they will soon get bored if you keep pulling over and going for a walk
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 pm

I've not had problems with police in years but Toby seems to be on there stop list. :D
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by vinny_69 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 pm

but Toby looks 12 years old Mark and had quite a loud exhaust
vinny_69

by superfox233 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 pm

If they're right on your bum, stamp your brakes on so that they crash into the back of you. Blame it on a startled wallabee and claim for a number of physical pains and anguish. ;)

I call it the tail-gaiters game. I like to slowly stop right in the middle of a quiet road and then engage reverse. Its hilarious to see the offending drivers reaction.

I do hope no one on this site is a careless tail-gaitor..... :naughty:
superfox233

by James_Mould » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 pm

You only need to be paranoid if you car is illegal in any way or you don't drive within the law. Although ive noticed they always seem to take a second look if you drive past them in a cally.
Its big... Its BLUE... Its behind you
Magnetic blue SE8
Diamond black turbo 4x4
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Tangerine » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:41 pm

i get them following me too, but i've never been pulled over. i just think they like to look at the Cali tbh :lol:
Tangerine

by zeebie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks for the responses, i don't have any thing to hide, i just don't like being following home. i guess ill just play it sense-able and keep safe :)
zeebie

by big_gordy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:20 pm

maybe the are reminising as the cali used to be a cop car!
Best Presented Billing 2007 Green V6 Auto

SE9 V6 Duel Fuel LPG aka THE RED DEVIL
Tigra Chequers 1.6 - # 2 Car
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by cally8valver » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 pm

suppose one good thing is you wont get car jacked :lol: i found that if you drive within the speed limit they have a tendacy of thinking you breaking the law and pull you over but driving round side streets tend to lead to doing suspisious things like red light districts :lol:
cally8valver

by vinny_69 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 am

not much room in the back of a cally a mk3 astra is better :lol:
vinny_69

Next