back box on a turbo

For all general things Calibra related

back box on a turbo

by stevo turbo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:28 pm

rite one of the fails today was the exhaust- not being too bothered about it i sent it through knowing i had been given a scorpion back box with the dtm tail :alright: BUT my intention was to cut the tail pipe back and just leave the two rounds flush with the bumper :roll: . Now i have just tried it to see how it fits and how much to cut off and ....... its not good! it sits miles down and it also sits lop sided. is there an way i can sort it for the re test next week or should i just cut it and fit it and get the mot passed and live with it until i can afford a standard item?
Club Member
Club Member

Re: back box on a turbo

by GreyDJ » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 pm

If the DTM pipes are the upswept ones then I have done just what you are doing, putting an old silencer on pending a new GM one. I have got it level but it took a bit of persuasion. I think it helped having the next section along also being fitted at the same time and loose on the cat section. This meant I could twist both pipes to get the rear joint angle just right. I also used 2 slightly different length 'rubber bands', one an O the other an 8, to hold it onto the rear mount.

If you can't do it easily leave it till you have more time after the MOT.
Cavalier CDi 96 Grey
Cavalier SRi 93 Satin Red
Cavalier Mk2 CD130 86 White
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net