few jobs done on the se9 today,update cruise control fitted

For all general things Calibra related

few jobs done on the se9 today,update cruise control fitted

by k1nty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:19 pm

well got a few bits done this afternoon,before the rain.my genuine vauxhall mats come(grey with vauxhall in red stitch)so put them in first :D .then removed scuttle and wipers to renew the heater blower resistor pack...yippee now the 4 speeds work.replaced pollen filter which looked like it was overdue.also got a 3.8 fpr and fitted that.while i was on with engine i thought id check the aux coolant pump and alternator blower,alternator fan obviously seized and melted brush box.omega fusebox fan coming from ebay which looks identical.but all the wiring/switches and aux coolant pump working as they should.

job for weekend will be driveshaft seals and n/s outer cv joint as the reluctor is corroded and de-activating the bloody traction control.

my list is actually getting smaller now.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by k1nty on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k1nty

Re: few jobs done on the se9 today...more problems found

by lammy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:32 pm

Some good work there...whats that about the traction control?..I have a problem with mine..sometimes works, but more often than not it deactivates as I slip out of reverse or change from 1st to 2nd gear? :think:
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:55 pm

lammy wrote:Some good work there...whats that about the traction control?..I have a problem with mine..sometimes works, but more often than not it deactivates as I slip out of reverse or change from 1st to 2nd gear? :think:

ok mate,think i saw your car in halfords car park (stockton )couple of months ago...opel badges?
anyway yours sounds like either one of the front abs springs cracked or a tooth corroded on one or both.in that case best to put a new cv joint on complete for the price.
k1nty

by lammy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Cheers..K1nty..you saw it in Halfords car park?..I was on a course at the Stockton Business Centre...and rather that pay £3 for parking in the centre I popped her in there..for free I thought? (didn't read the signs!)...and when I got back I had a £100 parking fine!!! :roll: ..£60 as I paid it within the 7 days!! :banging: DOH!!
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:27 pm

lammy wrote:Cheers..K1nty..you saw it in Halfords car park?..I was on a course at the Stockton Business Centre...and rather that pay £3 for parking in the centre I popped her in there..for free I thought? (didn't read the signs!)...and when I got back I had a £100 parking fine!!! :roll: ..£60 as I paid it within the 7 days!! :banging: DOH!!

yeah i saw a yellow sticky thing on window...bummer.
k1nty

by rich30mex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 pm

ye i no what a parking fines like ower lass took mine to town at christmas and had it towed away when she showed me were she parked she had parked under the worlds biggest no parking sign it must have been 4 foot square and the thick b***h parked right under it. It took 3 days to fined the car and it and cos £360 to get it back :bang:
THE TEA BAG Calibra l,e number 4
THE WELLY rio verdi ecotec on a N reg
UNCLE ALBERT gray 8v on a J reg

Best engine bay 2011
Best engine bay 2014
Best in show 2016
Treasures cup 2016
Best engine bay 2017
Best modern retro total retro 2018

mag features
practical classics
modern classic
performance vauxhall

Have car have cloth will clean need life
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

by lammy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:03 pm

You could have told me? :alright:

I've heard the ABS rings could be the prob but a b*gger to change?
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 pm

lammy wrote:You could have told me? :alright:

i allways pop into halfors for a cheapy airfreshener or something if i ever park there...cheaper than parking and it buys you a few hours as a halfords customer. 8)
k1nty

by lammy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Can you give me a few pointers about the ABS rings?..I'd love to sort this TC problem out before I remove the bulb! :roll:
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 pm

lammy wrote:Can you give me a few pointers about the ABS rings?..I'd love to sort this TC problem out before I remove the bulb! :roll:

ok the rings are around a tenner,but require removal of cv joint,but a complete joint with new ring allready fitted ,new boot,grease and clips is around 25-30 pounds.so makes sense to just fit a new outer complete as im doing tomorrow.

i get mine from sewells in billingham as im in the trade.
k1nty

by lammy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:26 am

That sounds about right..the rings being corroded or similar ,as the problem is intermitant..depends on speeed/turning when setting off and gear selection..all three seem to be a factor in the TC deactivating..... MOT due soon..I'll see how much it will cost to have both sides done (labour that is)..plus the £60/£70 for the parts..hopefully that will cure it?..mind a clean first of all if its going to save some cash?
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:37 pm

lammy wrote:That sounds about right..the rings being corroded or similar ,as the problem is intermitant..depends on speeed/turning when setting off and gear selection..all three seem to be a factor in the TC deactivating..... MOT due soon..I'll see how much it will cost to have both sides done (labour that is)..plus the £60/£70 for the parts..hopefully that will cure it?..mind a clean first of all if its going to save some cash?

yeah clean them and have a look first.its free :D
k1nty

by k1nty » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:10 pm

well done the driveshaft seal today,new outer cv joint at same time,box topped up and no leaks again..won some more auction items so waiting now.

a tc solenoid/valve..from a saab and for 15 quid guaranteed be rude not to.. :D
also a blaupunkt cd 300 origianl stereo 9.99 plus 5 del... :D
still waiting on omega fusebox cooling fan to come(same as calibra alternator fan).and a new spoiler so i can rob the brakelamp and repair if need be.

car feels a lot better with the 3.8 fpr in...pulls like a train. :D so hopefully just cosmetics to do soon .then i can crack on with my k reg red top.
k1nty

by lammy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Nice one..
SE9
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by k1nty » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:13 pm

well few more bits done and other probs this week

i received the omega relay cooler(same as alt cooler on calibra) tested,fitted all good
also received the saab tc solenoid,tested and fitted,all good
received the blaupunkt cd300 but wasnt packed great ,thus cd dont work...so i stripped it and another cd300,managed to make a good one and looks and works mint :D

but.................was out lastnight in car and on overun car suffered a major misfire and would loose all power for a few seconds(i felt like vettel in bahrain :oops: ).same again today but actually cut out and started straight back up.just on way home and eml came on for a fews seconds....read codes and was 73,low volts back from maf.also t.c solenoid failed(or its brushes)

i was sure it was worse on harsh roads...anyway cleaned plug,removed and cleaned maf.replaced t.c solenoid with the one from saab.

and cars been like never before :D in that theres no warning lamps popping up(not even t.c !!!)feels great now smooth at all speeds in any gear.everything working as it should.

fit the cruise control next :D
k1nty

Next