dtm 2.0 project

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

dtm 2.0 project

by jay123 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 pm

Just bought a dtm of a member on here. Needed a bit of tlc but nothing to serious. Got my friend to collect it, had a bit of an accident and the car rolled off the truck and he ended up with a broken hip. He's on the mend and no serious damage to the car.

Drove it back to Blackpool and its own cosy workshop, drove ok just wasn't 100%, lots of little things. So parts shop and ordered new shocks all round, discs and pads all round, drop links, track rod ends, bottom arms (nothing really wrong with current ones just took a little bit of persuading to get off) a cv joint, service kit, clutch cable and throttle cable.

Stripped out interior to get it nice and clean but also to check for any rot, arches were all a bit rusty but just surface rust. Gave them a quick sand down and a touch up, just temporary until it goes for paint.

Cracked on with fitting all the new parts, everything got a lick of paint to freshen them up.

Took it for a drive, much improved just needs tracking now to get it perfect.

After two weeks, I love it, drives nice, sounds nice and is well received by everyone. Everywhere I go people stop me and ask about it. Il put some pictures up when I get to laptop.

Future plans are to just enjoy it, keep it standard and clean once its been painted
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: dtm 2.0 project

by Callyman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing it.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by jay123 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 am

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Well done, keep the pic's coming
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by craigyboy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Well done mate,nice car :clap:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:08 pm

hi and welcome
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by jay123 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks everyone, everything done suspension and brakes now and Drives really well. Might have been overkill doing the whole lot but for a days work and couple of hundred pound drives exactly how it should. Going to drive it for a couple of weeks then strip engine etc out ready for paint. Engine will get a refresh whiles its out, head gasket etc. Noticed the brake pipes need doing so Il get them made up as well

Il take more pictures this time just busy and doing this inbetween jobs. Difference in drive is amazing lovely now these do handle really well. Plenty of grip
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net