Project SE8

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: Project SE8

by Pickles » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:36 am

Bumper brackets have already been fitted, trying to find out if there's any left in Germany... :)
C411BRAnut wrote:Nice looking car that, Pickles. Back in March 2002 when I was looking for a Calibra, I visited Four Marks Carriage Co in Hampshire and saw a photo of your very car on their wall. The guy there told me this was the very last one off the production line, but he might have been giving me a bit of the old Billy Bull. :o
Really? I did read that on here when I first got the car, but couldn't find out any more. I know it's a very late one (V chassis number), wonder how I could find out?
Pickles

by C411BRAnut » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Might be worth contacting Vauxhall Customer Care and seeing if they can help. They've been quite helpful to me in the past, confirming that there were just 74 Calibras registered on S-plates (about half of which I've managed to identify). Astonishingly there is at least one T-plated Calibra but obviously that doesnt necessarily mean it was a later car than yours. Good luck.
C411BRAnut

by Pickles » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Just had a call back from Vauxhall Customer Care, apparantly my car was the 9th to be built in June 1997 (although it wasn't registered until August 1998), the last Calibra left the production line in July 1997 but the chassis number they gave me isn't on the DVLA database.
Pickles

by Pickles » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Finally got it sitting right with some replacement rear springs from Gmax (which were a lot shorter than the ones originally supplied):

Before:

After:

Also replaced the Ecotec trim as the rest of the badges are going Opel:

8)
Pickles

by craigyboy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:11 pm

thats sitting nice mate :handgestures-thumbupright:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MadOnVaux! » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:38 pm

I must be getting old, but that will ride as hard as rock with the 17's on....mines bad enough and mines on Bilstein B4's and standard springs.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Pickles » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Wheels have been refurbed today:

and the old ones are being picked up on Sunday, happy days! 8)
Pickles

by C411BRAnut » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:12 am

Pickles wrote:Just had a call back from Vauxhall Customer Care, apparantly my car was the 9th to be built in June 1997 (although it wasn't registered until August 1998), the last Calibra left the production line in July 1997 but the chassis number they gave me isn't on the DVLA database.

Quite a late car then, and sounded like Vauxhall were quite helpful. It'd be a shame if the very last one has been written off (as it's not on the DVLA database).
By the way those refurbed 17s look great.
C411BRAnut

by Pickles » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:17 am

C411BRAnut wrote:
Pickles wrote:Just had a call back from Vauxhall Customer Care, apparantly my car was the 9th to be built in June 1997 (although it wasn't registered until August 1998), the last Calibra left the production line in July 1997 but the chassis number they gave me isn't on the DVLA database.

Quite a late car then, and sounded like Vauxhall were quite helpful. It'd be a shame if the very last one has been written off (as it's not on the DVLA database).
She was really helpful, I called around lunchtime and had a call back by 4pm, she said bear in mind those chassis numbers were for Vauxhall and Opel so the last ones (I checked the last half dozen) were probably built for the European market.
Pickles

by MadOnVaux! » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Them wheels look healthy :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Pickles » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Pics don't do it justice but 17s are now on:

Still needs a bloody clean though 8)
Pickles

by v6 steve » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

nice job :clap:
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by craigyboy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 pm

looking good mate :handgestures-thumbupright:
craig

Best Presented Billing 2011
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Pickles » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:54 pm

^^^ Fair comment, it does make a big difference. I got some GSi alloys for my old Vectra V6 estate and the tyres were a couple of sizes down from what they should have been, didn't look right at all. At least if you do get some you'll know what different size tyres will look like. There is a set for sale at the mo on cc.com.
Pickles

by Pickles » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Quick update, rear bumper back on, removed the last of the Vauxhall badges and now started bonding the side mouldings on:

8)
Pickles

PreviousNext