New Event Organiser

All official club events
(VBOA, PVS, SCS, Trax, etc)

Forum rules

Only full club members are allowed to post in this section

New Event Organiser

by v6 steve » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Just like to welcome Emma on to the team, Emma will now be Sharon's right hand woman she will now be taking over all the smaller shows and helping sharon out with the main ones when needed, if any one has a show that you think the club should be going to pass on the details to Emma and hope fully she can get you sorted, this role should help every one getting details of more shows and increase our show profile,
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: New Event Organiser

by Cliff » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:40 am

Great news - welcome Emma!
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Cliff » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Emma & Sharon - I have been thinking - I noticed that to gain attendance lists for the shows you start a thread then people reply and re-reply appending their name which I guess gets a bit difficult to manage.

I wondered if links to an external site like Doodle (www.doodle.com) might make it easier for you both to manage those lists? You can schedule events and include one or more dates then people simply add their name and choose which dates work (if there is more than one) then you can see quickly who accepts/will attend and who won't - instead of relying on them updating a post.

We can probably connect it to email so that when you setup the survey it emails a link out to all on the mail list - then of course you can have a link in the forum post too.

Let me know if you want me to try and set something up so you can see how it might work and if it's interesting to you.

If it is, I can likely embed it into the site like the add pictures button to make it easier and have it pre-populate fields for you.

Cheers,
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Shaza » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:51 pm

At the minute Andy we are having to rely more on facebook to track people down which is taking it away from the site so anything thats going to make things easy to manage would be a big help.

Shaza
My old Turbo Featured in Total Vauxhall May 2009!!
Pickle SE3 Best standard VBOA 2017
My Old Turbo

List of Events for 2019 can be found HERE
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

by Mark1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:52 am

Does this mean I have to be nice to her now? Em I'm sure you will do a good job and have fun doing it.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by v6 steve » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Mark1 wrote:Does this mean I have to be nice to her now? Em I'm sure you will do a good job and have fun doing it.

no it means you should be nice to everyone just like the way your parents brought you up :D
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 pm

That's no fun

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by Cliff » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Shaza wrote:At the minute Andy we are having to rely more on facebook to track people down which is taking it away from the site so anything thats going to make things easy to manage would be a big help.

Shaza

Hi Sharon

I have setup a Doodle poll as an example - they are very simple to setup, I have mocked up a fake VBOA/Billing 2016 for September - if you click this link http://doodle.com/poll/g8kq4mzh28dgkcv3 you can go to the poll and participate. If we create the poll in this way then we just need to put a link to the poll on this site and of course we can add to the Facebook page too.

In addition there are other things we can do like email all the people we want to invite (in case they don't visit here or FB page often).

Have a look and let me know if you think it can be of use - if you want to ask questions/comment on it in a more fluid way than mailing on the board either PM me or send me a message on FB.

Cheers!
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin