soaking wet windows on the inside

Exterior & Interior Styling.

soaking wet windows on the inside

by Richiem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Guys , it seems im getting alot of water on the inside of the windows on my car ( mostly the drivers side) Im guessing its not sealing 100% as i dont seem to have a leak into the car from the bulkhead ect .
Have tighten down the hatch which was a bit loose but still the windscreen is soaked and also the drivers side. I did have the glass all out when resprayed so hoping its just something needing sorting but ive checked the door seals and they seem ok!
Ps . its not a little damp its like covered in water droplets!! :doh:
Club Member
Club Member

Re: soaking wet windows on the inside

by v6 steve » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:15 pm

have a look at your pollen filter some times the hold dampness
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Callyman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Mine steams up badly inside RIch, it can be nonthing more than lack of use, if you spend more time sat in it or working in it than driing it, it will happen, much more so this time of year.
When you do drive it make sure the windows are slightly open as that really helps remove moisture in the car.
Are the mats damp from wet feet etc?
Steamed up windows doesn't mean it leaks somewhere.
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by John Owens » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:17 am

Most cars do that this time of year real & mines is no exception... I find that those wee moisture traps you get for caravans etc help . I've got two in each car , one in the boot and one on the dash . Only a pound each from Asda

Praise the Lowered !
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Richiem » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Sorted it!! Seems i have a small bolt missing from inside the window mechanism! This pulls the window tight against the door, Also , the adjuster at the bottom of the quarter panel bar was not pulling the frame in close enough! Ive not modified this so it does..When i checked , the drivers side window wasnt closing under the rubber seal along the top but instead, under the outer weather seal. There was a small gap all the way down the edge of the door and this side is exposed to the rain and wind when i park on my drive. An easy fix for once :dance:
Club Member
Club Member

by Richiem » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Seems the problem is still there . The front doors dont seem to close tight enough to seal along the top and down the window side properly.
I cannot adjust the mechanism inside enough to bring the window in close enough to get the glass under the top rubber snug/
Sort of lost for ideas right now as i can find no other way of bringing the glass in.
Can see a gap all the way down the side of the window big enough to fit a 2p coin through.

Its seems i also have the wind noise i can hear worked out although it doesnt make sense??
The sound seems to be road noise from inside the rear panel arch area ?? I have removed the rear door card and its got louder and sounds like water ect splashing up inside the arch ( Got no idea how this is happening))
Club Member
Club Member

by Tkeenan2107 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Hope you find the issue buddy
I'm gonna find me a reckless woman,
Razor blades and dice in her eyes,
Just a touch of sadness in her fingers,
Thunder and lightening in her thighs.

Terry
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Richiem » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Make you right , but its been raining almost every day here lately and i think the wet air is getting in. Its mostly the side of the car thats exposed to the elements thats misting up!! Ive checked under carpets ect and theres no wet patches anywere!!
Club Member
Club Member

by rips » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:22 pm

John Owens wrote:I find that those wee moisture traps you get for caravans etc help . I've got two in each car , one in the boot and one on the dash . Only a pound each from Asda

Sounds useful. I've not seen them before.

I suspect most moisture inside the car is from the driver's breath?
1995 Calibra 16v Ecotec Jungle Green
1990 Elan SE Pacific Blue
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Richiem » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Ill get a couple for Richie gibson then for his next birthday .. He will deffo need them LOL :band:
Club Member
Club Member

by rips » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 pm

Lately mine has been iced up on the inside of the windows while the outside remains dry.
Maybe I should stop breathing when I drive? :shock:
1995 Calibra 16v Ecotec Jungle Green
1990 Elan SE Pacific Blue
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by cal16v » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:24 am

Richiem wrote:]...The sound seems to be road noise from inside the rear panel arch area ?? I have removed the rear door card and its got louder and sounds like water etc splashing up inside the arch ( Got no idea how this is happening)

The sound may be due to water that has found its way into the sill and so it will slush around forward of the rear arch as you drive along. This may also explain the excessive condensation on the inside as there are multiple voids in the upper sill panel for the water to evaporate directly into the interior. Also I never understood why the forward sunroof drainage tubes emptied directly into the sills. I routed mine to exit forward of the sills and behind the front wings like so
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net