Calibra Track Car Build (Splinters old turbo!)

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Calibra Track Car Build (Splinters old turbo!)

by KERR_SE9 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi folks,as some of you may know I bought Splinters old turbo about 8 months ago, With work and moving etc, I havn't been near it since, Well I finally made a start, and seen as I finally got a unit for work/to play with cars I've no more excuses..

Having always wanted a white turbo, the plan was to restore the car to it's former glory, however a nice Dtm turbo came up for sale and I couldn't resist! So I decided I may aswell make use of that forged engine and big turbo! I know it's not going to be the fastest/most ideal track car and It'll no doubt give me lots of grief , but It'll be fun, showing the scoob owners what an old vauxhall can do!!

I'll photograph as much as I can, and post it up etc... I'm sure in the end the result should be decent, hoping to have it usable by the summer.

So far, I've moved it from my drive into the unit, started stripping the interior out, a hell of a lot of weight there, with fancy sound systems etc
The amount of water in the car was ridiculous, surprised it's not like rotten, glad to report its solid, a real shame to see it like that, everything was damp/mouldy or rusty, all the old ICE is wrecked, Sadly most of it is fit for the bin.

To those of you that think I'm wrecking a good car, I promise you, It would be way more to get mint again, than would ever be worth it, and it'll get driven and enjoyed which I feel is the important thing.

I've got a service kit/cambelt here to go on, and the fuel pump has packed in, I'm currently waiting on a new one, plans are to initially get it running, make it watertight (currently leaking) then have it mapped before spending £££s, as I don't want to find out it's knackered etc

Splinter if you're ever on, keep me right with the specs, as I'm hoping to get her mapped soon.
Until then I've got my mg track car to play with, I can't wait to get a drive in the cally though, should be fairly quick!

ImageImage
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Calibra Track Car Build (Splinters old turbo!)

by Callyscot » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:07 am

so that's what you were doing today
Now with 2XSe9 V6 flame red calibra's
Best Presented Billing 2009
Best Interior Billing 2010
Not there Billing 2011 but I'll be back 2012
Flooded out 2012
Best year yet 2013Best in Show
Best Interior 2014
and 1 German (Vorsprung Durch Technik) Coupe
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 am

Yeah,that an customers keeping me busy all day, you around tomorrow afternoon?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bluejuz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 pm

Too right mate! Forget restoring to standard. Get that baby hoofing round the track.

Good luck with it all & I hope she brings you much fun.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:30 pm

good luck with it John
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by EY » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Sounds like an interesting project in the making :)
1993 SAAB powered Calibra turbo. TD04-19t. Stage 4. 300bhp.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net