My cally

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

Re: My cally

by v6 steve » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 pm

what stand you going on ?
make sure you pop over and say yaa iiiiiiiiii man
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by James_Mould » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi and welcome. Looking good 8)
Its big... Its BLUE... Its behind you
Magnetic blue SE8
Diamond black turbo 4x4
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by HOT-ROD » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm

I'll be over to see you's Im part of stevas clan! :lol: for my sins! :lol:

Booked and going with PNG coz thats my primary love the cally is my daily smoker!

Not camping with any club we have a small group of friends over by the river on the bank (higher ground might be good this year!) :lol:
Club Member
Club Member

by saunders » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:52 pm

looking sweet
saunders

by HOT-ROD » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:48 am

It's been a while since I posted on here so just a quick catch up. After leaving her stood for 2 years the biggest thing I've done is just get her back on the road! :lol:

I had to fit some new door cards since the last pair blew out. Lucky I had a set stored under my bed for the last 3/4 years, unlucky that after 1 week the driverside has started to blow out again! :(

I've bought a new set of wheels off a lad from work off a car he was breaking but had a bit of a job getting them balanced. (Turns out 1s got a slight buckle and is now fitted to the back!) I quite like them but with the buckle I'm not sure if its worth getting them refurbed. Might just hold out to see if anything better comes along.

Finally ive changed the exhaust. I've had a set of tailpipes fitted that I've had lying around and the cat removed. Turns out just the centre box just isn't enough because it was really, really loud! :lol: so I went back and had another fitted where the cat was. Its still a bit loud if I'm honest but I can live with it since I only use her at weekends for a bit of fun.

For the first time in years it look like it won't be a last minute rush to get her ready for billing and I might actually get her cleaned this time! :lol:
Club Member
Club Member

by sealeysonic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:09 am

looks great....nice job there....ive got the front bumper part of that kit....might fit it to the SE6. :?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by HOT-ROD » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:44 am

Have seen someone in the club has the same kit but with arch extensions. I would give my right and left arm to get my hands on a set of them! (Would be kind of ironic though because then i wouldnt be able to drive it!!!) :lol:
Club Member
Club Member

by sealeysonic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:18 am

I had some on my old white cally.....took them off......are they not legal where u live...?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by HOT-ROD » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:52 am

Yeah as far as I know they are legal. They're only short extensions for the arches.
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Been busy today getting the motor ready for billing. Had to change the oil and filter because the oil I put in the last time was a bit thin and it would tap on startup. While I was doing that I decided to paint the rocker cover and change the gasket since it was leaking a little.
I also came across the cover for the back of the fuel tank while I was rummaging around in the garage so thought I'd fit that while i was rolling around on the floor
It was a bit of a chew on because I had to drop the tank straps to change the bolts that held it in place. After that I just gave it a damn good clean (hasn't been done in months!) And now I'm a fully paid up member I fitted the all important club sticker!
Club Member
Club Member

by rich30mex » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:23 am

Very nice sir looking good
THE TEA BAG Calibra l,e number 4
THE WELLY rio verdi ecotec on a N reg
UNCLE ALBERT gray 8v on a J reg

Best engine bay 2011
Best engine bay 2014
Best in show 2016
Treasures cup 2016
Best engine bay 2017
Best modern retro total retro 2018

mag features
practical classics
modern classic
performance vauxhall

Have car have cloth will clean need life
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

by HOT-ROD » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:59 am

I get so torn between keeping it as my daily where it is slowly getting wrecked or spending more money on to at the cost of my hotrod and also needing another daily! :roll:
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:34 pm

The time has come to build my sub box. The old vibe sub and amp takes up too much room in the boot. I started out by dusting off the mould I made years ago and made a template for the front (did make one at the time but cant find it anywhere! :doh:)
After i cleaned it up I painted it with a release agent.
I then cut all the pieces i need to make the front and house the sub.
I set the sub in the boot at the angle I wanted and fastened it all together and stretched an old t-shirt over it.
I then painted it with fiberglass resin (for strength) and cut the centre out.
Now begins the tedious task of layering up the fiberglass in the mould.
That's as far as I've got for tonight, tomorrow I'll fit the front ready to pop it out the mould on Monday night. Can't wait to see it done! :dance:
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Decided to push on and get the front fixed tonight.
Club Member
Club Member

by HOT-ROD » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Managed to pop the box out the mould in one piece today and cleaned up the seams a bit.
Layered on a few more sheets of fiber glass and let that harden up before I add more over the next few days.
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext