DTM Turbo

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

DTM Turbo

by stevo turbo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Rite im just going to start a thread which i will update every so often and will be using to ask any questions as i go through getting the car back on the road. any comments are welcome and any advise is extremely welcome :lol:

so far quite a few of you have seen the pics of it sat on the axel stands with wheels off in my newbie post. since then i have been ordering parts like mad such as a full service and discs and pads all round. i have just found out which timing belt kit i require along with a water pump and v belt will be ordered tomorrow. also ordered a rads switch and indicator relay today. have started to strip it all down for the work to be done over the next month or so. will keep this thread updated
Club Member
Club Member

Re: DMT Turbo

by v6 steve » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 pm

take loads of picks as you take it to bits for reference for when you put it back together
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: DTM Turbo

by stevo turbo » Sat May 01, 2010 11:42 pm

rite i need to know the diameter of the water pump used with the c20let if anyone knows?
Club Member
Club Member

by stevo turbo » Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 am

rite just add the pics so far to this thread

First day i got it after a 3am finish picking it up

Day 2 and the new turbo being fitted

Trying to get the wheels sent away but with no success yet

last night started to sand down the front bumber ready to fix and have a quick coat of paint. someone has done a bad job as the bumper seems like it has never been preped when sprayed

Also i have new discs + pads all round, a full service and a new timing belt kit to fit :)
Club Member
Club Member

by stevo turbo » Fri May 07, 2010 10:41 pm

anyone know the diameter of the let water pump at all? also still struggling to get a accumliator bulb, any help please?
Club Member
Club Member

by stevo turbo » Fri May 14, 2010 6:31 pm

little update

sprayed front bumper not perfect but better :)

also now fitted water pump, timing belt and engine mount back on
Club Member
Club Member

by MadOnVaux! » Sun May 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Nice work so far, interesting thread :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by stevo turbo » Tue May 18, 2010 6:21 pm

MadOnVaux! wrote:Nice work so far, interesting thread :)

cheers :P

now also fitted the new accumulator buld (now have a whooshing noise) also indiciators fixed and boot latch working (but not fully convinced by it :lol: ) bonnet release fitted and a full T cut. wheels are getting done thurs fri hopefully. its getting close to mot time!

Still have a bit of smoke though but hopefully thats just because of the old fecked turbo :whistle:
Club Member
Club Member

by stevo turbo » Sun May 23, 2010 5:55 pm

WOW WOW and WOW! first time i have the turbo up to full temp and everything seems to be working ish. so far its had
full service
timing belt kit
water pump
radiator switch
indicator relay
new crank sensor
bled brakes
accumulator bulb
new fuel (at last)

so the alloys are now in the process of getting refurbed and also alot of the smoke is dying off today when running. nthe discs and pads are still to fit though and i still have a mystery valve from somewhere? but i am also still getting the 4x4 light on every now and again, can you read codes for these like you do out of the ecu?
Club Member
Club Member

by MadOnVaux! » Mon May 24, 2010 4:40 pm

stevo turbo wrote:can you read codes for these like you do out of the ecu?

Yeah i beleive you can, but dont ask me how...maybe ask on CTOR or MIG if no one knows on here :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BAD63R-V6 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Well done for taking this on. Shame all Calibras done get the same so we can keep all of em on the road lol.
BAD63R-V6

by stevo turbo » Wed May 26, 2010 10:57 pm

BAD63R-V6 wrote:Well done for taking this on. Shame all Calibras done get the same so we can keep all of em on the road lol.

cheers dude, its nice to get some comments back, feel like giving up on it the min! spent nearly every night in the last two month workin on it but bring on PVS! :D
Club Member
Club Member

by BAD63R-V6 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 am

It will be worth it in the end mate ;)
BAD63R-V6

by BIG DAN » Thu May 27, 2010 9:11 am

yeah i know how you mean i feel like that with mine sometimes but your doing well keep it up bud !
do ya think you will have it ready for PVS ?
BIG DAN

by stevo turbo » Thu May 27, 2010 9:32 pm

BIG DAN wrote:yeah i know how you mean i feel like that with mine sometimes but your doing well keep it up bud !
do ya think you will have it ready for PVS ?

if it goes through the MOT fine next week all should be good but i would like to get through a tank of fuel before i take it as its not seen the road in 4 year! :shock: thats IF it goes through a mot. need to see the likes of bearings abd break lines!

most of the wheels are painted now :dance: so will be heading down the road around start of next week for mot.
Club Member
Club Member

Next