My '95 16v

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by MadOnVaux! » Mon May 28, 2007 1:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-stainesy+--><div class='quotetop'>(stainesy)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hello mate i have a 95 16v to and the strange thing is i have the same wheels and stereo

Image<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What offset are your rims?...i bought ET45 thinking that was the correct fitment and they fronts caught on the brake calipers...so had to fit 5mm spacers.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by stainesy » Mon May 28, 2007 1:21 pm

i dont what the offset is mate but i had to fit spacers to mine to for the same reason and let me gess do the spacers on yours sometimes rub on the wire clip on the calipers? for agaes i wondered what the rubbing sound was then i noticed how close the spacer wasto the caliper. so i pulled the clip back abit with pliers and they are fine now.
stainesy

by MadOnVaux! » Mon May 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Spacers dont catch anywhere matey.

I actually spoke to a bloke at Kahn about the problem, explained that the offset for Calibra's is 49mm, and i bought 45 as it was the closest but wouldnt fit on the front...and he said they recommend a 35mm offset for their rims on a Calibra.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by stainesy » Mon May 28, 2007 4:19 pm

oh well my rims came with the car and spacers were alread fitted to the front wheels.
i think my spacers were a bit big for the car so i have filed them down abit.
i had never heard of kahn rims before i got the wth my calibra. i take it they are good rims then? are they expensive?
stainesy

by MadOnVaux! » Tue May 29, 2007 4:29 pm

Yes on both counts..Very good rims, one of the top alloy wheel brands, which is reflected in their pricing...one of the rims in their range for 4x4's are £550 a wheel.
Last edited by MadOnVaux! on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by stainesy » Tue May 29, 2007 8:25 pm

sweet. as you have a 95 ecotec the same as me just wona ask you a question mate.
how fast is you car? i dont think mine has the power it should have but im not sure.
how fast can you get in 4th gear before you have to change into 5th?
in mine in 4th gear at 5k revs i get to 85mph before i have to change into 5th.
is that the same in your ecotec or have i got a power problem mate?
stainesy

by MadOnVaux! » Wed May 30, 2007 5:12 pm

I can't really say how 'fast' it is, as thats quite a subjective question really...and i havent topped it out in 4th so cant answer that one either...plus i dont really understand what you mean by saying your at 5k revs in 4th at 85mph??...If you are trying to see how fast your car goes in 4th then why not hold it til 6500rpm or whatever the redline is on ours?

I know mine feels like it punching out a good few more horses than it did as standard, since i fitted the 4 branch lexmaul and the exhaust system...i WILL be getting it on the rollers at some point, just got to sort this wobbly steering.
Last edited by MadOnVaux! on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Twigz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Superb MOV. It looks fantastic and I really like those carpet mats... (off to Autostyle now)

You'll see mine soon and why I've been quiet on the forums heh
Twigz

by MadOnVaux! » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Chars matey :D

Good luck with the mats mate...they are very limited on the Premier range nowadays sadly, even if they do them at all...god knows why.

**People, this car may well be up for sale soon...so get yer money saved up** [img]/wink.gif[/img]
Last edited by MadOnVaux! on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Twist » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:07 am

Noo you cannot sell it M8. What are you going to replace it with?
Twist

by MadOnVaux! » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Dont get me wrong mate, I love it to bits, the look, feel and power of it, and the exclusivity of it too, and all the bits ive done to it...but im finding im getting uncomforable in it these days...i need a bigger car as im alot more comfortable in them.

A few cars being mulled about at the moment actually...im a huge fan of the Vectra C, and it would be an 2.2 Elite or SRi i'd go for, or at a push a nice Elegance...

Also, shock horror looking at some non Vauxhall's...which would be my first since learning to drive 10yrs ago..these are, a Jag 3.2 XJ Sport, Skoda Octavia vRS and an Audi A4 1.9 TDi 130, ideally a 'Sport' model, but id have an SE if i had to.

I dont want to sound too big headed, but who ever buys this Calibra, would be getting one of the nicest around IMO...it'll crucify me to see it go.
Last edited by MadOnVaux! on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by MadOnVaux! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:32 pm

A couple of interior additions...Cream leather gear and handbrake gaiters:

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by RobbieV » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:42 pm

New gaiters make a huge difference :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by cornishtaz » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:35 pm

Got agree the new gaiters go really well and freshen up the interior a bit
cornishtaz

by MadOnVaux! » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:25 pm

Cheers...the leather colour is a little light, but its not a million miles off...im chuffed with them :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

PreviousNext