LET the rebuild begin

Show off your Projects here, the link for the garage is at the top of the page for showcasing your car

by bodgetastic » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Quick update.

Picked up a few more parts on the weekend and can now start putting the block back together. Still trying to find somewhere to have the pickup pipe made up and think that should be it engine wise [img]/smile.gif[/img]

Somehow managed to end up with a few more blocks than required, hmmm twin engine cally might be next on the cards :icon_mrgr

Hopefully take them in for a bore this weekend and have the oil squirts fitted!

Also picked up these babies, cant see them staying this bling for long though

Also picked up a cometic head gasket and had a few engine parts returned from the bling shop so its all starting to come together slowly :icon_mrgr
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Stupink » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:35 pm

Mmmm shiney, looks like a slightly different design JE than mine are, what CR are you going for?
I suspect mine will stay shiney longer than yours [img]/sad.gif[/img]
Toyota Mr-2 roadster turbo
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by bodgetastic » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Stupink+--><div class='quotetop'>(Stupink)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mmmm shiney, looks like a slightly different design JE than mine are, what CR are you going for?
I suspect mine will stay shiney longer than yours [img]/sad.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They are 8.5:1 standard but need to measure everything up on the weekend, may have to get them machined.

What do yours look like, where did you get them from ?
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by Stupink » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Mine were from JE, they just look "rounder" in the bowl, and iirc i don't have the dohnut [img]/sad.gif[/img] not sure what the reprocussions of that are... hadn't really noticed till you posted yours. I sent them a stock piston to be copied.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by T.F.S. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:09 pm

looks like yours have the thicker crown..., better versions

be really careful with the circlips on those, i have one spare if you bend one
T.F.S.

by T.F.S. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:10 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Stupink+--><div class='quotetop'>(Stupink)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mine were from JE, they just look "rounder" in the bowl, and iirc i don't have the dohnut [img]/sad.gif[/img] not sure what the reprocussions of that are... hadn't really noticed till you posted yours. I sent them a stock piston to be copied.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

why send a stock piston to copy when they sell off the shelf?
T.F.S.

by Stupink » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-T.F.S.+--><div class='quotetop'>(T.F.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->why send a stock piston to copy when they sell off the shelf?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dunno lol. I know it got sent off. What I don't know is if they used it or not. Sounds like they probably didn't then.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by T.F.S. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:19 pm

well i think you done the logiacl thing...if they supply wrong after that they have no excuse

i wouldnt worry about the thinner crown though stu, its something that steveboyslim asked for i believe

you get different versions of the piston depending who you buy them from but IMHO mahle rule! (just wish you could get low comp versions cheap...)
T.F.S.

by bodgetastic » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-T.F.S.+--><div class='quotetop'>(T.F.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->be really careful with the circlips on those, i have one spare if you bend one<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Will do, you haven't got a complete set have you Brian ?

Mine are SBS pistons btw !
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by dicky » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:14 pm

So how fast you wanting the engine to spin with those componants?

What work has been done to the valve train to eliminate any valve float/bounce?

Looks like you spent a bit there?

What prep work has been done to the block and bores?

Trying to take T.F.S.'s thrown? :icon_mrgr
dicky

by T.F.S. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bodgetastic+--><div class='quotetop'>(bodgetastic)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Will do, you haven't got a complete set have you Brian ?

Mine are SBS pistons btw !<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

in JE packaging? (pic you posted?)
T.F.S.

by T.F.S. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 pm

oh and i might have two circlips but i think its just one spare, if you fook up give me a PM and ill send it FOC

they only sell them in sets and can take some time to arrive from US
T.F.S.

by bodgetastic » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dicky+--><div class='quotetop'>(dicky)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So how fast you wanting the engine to spin with those componants?

What work has been done to the valve train to eliminate any valve float/bounce?

Looks like you spent a bit there?

What prep work has been done to the block and bores?

Trying to take T.F.S.'s thrown? :icon_mrgr<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Im still running hydraulics so not looking to spin past 8k. May change this in the future though! All new parts in the valve train and Garys magic touch should do the job.

Bottom end work yet to start but im not going down the route of a girdle, just a rebore and hone to suit the pistons. And the oil squirts!

Mine is designed for the road rather than strip action but should produce a few ponies when finished! I would expect Chip to finish his before me and beat any records if he so desieres, but when its finished and Brian sorts me out some gas, I should be up their !!
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by bodgetastic » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-T.F.S.+--><div class='quotetop'>(T.F.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->in JE packaging? (pic you posted?)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep, why do you ask [img]/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Cheers for the offer on the circlips, will keep you in mind if I bend one :icon_mrgr
More power than God
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

by T.F.S. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:54 pm

its odd to have a non JE piston in a JE wrapper....they also look exactly like a JE and TBH IMO it is a JE piston?
T.F.S.

PreviousNext