An A - Z of common Calibra issues / problems

All the non Calibra related waffle and jokes. Not for excessive spamming

An A - Z of common Calibra issues / problems

by cal16v » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 am

I thought we might at least have some Cali relevancy... :neutral:
No need to stop at just one, the more comprehensive the list the better IMO. We might even be able to link to some 'How to's' or relevant posts to help anyone browsing the list...
Hopefully our forum mods can help by tidying up any suggestions.

A

ABS Rings - Corroded or broken teeth will trigger ABS light on dash. (I've not had the problem myself so no idea how this issue manifests itself while driving... anyone ? feel free to list your experiences)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: An A - Z of common Calibra issues / problems

by Cliff » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 am

cal16v wrote:I thought we might at least have some Cali relevancy... :neutral:
No need to stop at just one, the more comprehensive the list the better IMO. We might even be able to link to some 'How to's' or relevant posts to help anyone browsing the list...
Hopefully our forum mods can help by tidying up any suggestions.

A

ABS Rings - Corroded or broken teeth will trigger ABS light on dash. (I've not had the problem myself so no idea how this issue manifests itself while driving... anyone ? feel free to list your experiences)

Great initiative!

Yes, I’ve had this problem though it doesn’t always bring on the light. I had a cracked ABS reluctor ring on the front left (sat in the car) wheel.

First symptom was an occasional flicker of the light when manoeuvring right at speed - not consistent.

Second symptom was occasional ABS kicked in when braking at low speed, eg pulling up at the traffic lights.

Third symptom was unexplained hesitation when accelerating hard, more noticeable above 2k but present throughout the range. The first two are pretty obvious to understand why they’d happen but the third turned out to be the traction control also reacting on the inability to count equal revolutions due to the crack so the motor was throttling.

New ring sweated onto the hub and all working great now.
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Slipperdaz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 pm

How about E. Eratic idle when hot. rwvs take a while to drop back down the rev counter....... only when its hot. redtop.

Any Suggestions??
Redtop 4x4 (no turbo) :D
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by cal16v » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:35 am

Hi Slipperdaz,

Possibly an intake manifold leak or an injector seal leaking?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

As above or ICV playing up/sticking when hot. Try cleaning the ICV with carb cleaner or electrical cleaner (takes more effort but doesn’t kill seals and electronics).
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Slipperdaz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Suspected the Icv , had a similar issue on my r plate vectra many years ago, But i will check all of the above guys thank you. Are the injector seals easy to do?
Redtop 4x4 (no turbo) :D
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net