Looking for My Mum's Calibra

For all general things Calibra related

Looking for My Mum's Calibra

by maxmad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi all. I know that this is a stretch, but...in 91 my parents got divorced, and to celebrate my mum got herself a brand new silver 16v 2.0 in silver and put the number plate H1 2 SJA on it which were her initials. My mother passed away not long ago and I'd love to trace the car with a view to buying it if it was available. It was last taxed in 2005 and isn't currently SORN so my gut tells me that she's been scrapped, but the number plate isn't on another car.

Details again...

Registered JUNE 1991

Colour - Silver

Engine - 16v 2.0

Does any one know where I would start in the impossible serach?! Thanks in advance.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Looking for My Mum's Calibra

by Cliff » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:58 am

That’s a tough one because it seems to have been taken off the road before the new electronic systems were put into place for MOT etc. I’m going to speculate that it’s either been scrapped or returned to a “normal” plate. Several of the club members pass by here so others may comment but you could broaden your search to the Facebook groups (if you have an account).
Site Admin
Site Admin

by maxmad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks for the response. I know its a needle in a haystack but I was hoping that someone on here might have been a previous owner and give me a definitive answer to what happened to the car. She always regretting selling it.

Thanks again.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:14 am

the fact that it hasnt been taxed since 2005 chances are pretty slim that it has survived. as you have said it isnt registering as sorned and the plate is still bringing up the calibra so on that basis i would assume it is gone mate
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by §torm » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:21 pm

maxmad wrote:Thanks for the response. I know its a needle in a haystack but I was hoping that someone on here might have been a previous owner and give me a definitive answer to what happened to the car. She always regretting selling it.

Thanks again.

Just to add to this, unfortunately the early Calibra bodyshells weren't galvanised, meaning almost all of the early ones succumbed to rust. Very few survive and based on it not having been seen for so long, it is very likely its met its fate around that time.

If its any consolation, this one was a 16v redtop engine, which were/are highly regarded, so there's a chance the engine at least may live on somewhere.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net