Hi everyone

For all general things Calibra related

Hi everyone

by Phil69 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi everyone.

WOW, its been a LLOOOOOOOONNNGGG time since I was last on here. Looking through the members, I can see there is still a number of people here that I know from years gone by but also a number of newbies too so feeling like a bit of a newbie myself now.

Is my old Calibra still around on this site? I've not heard from the guy who bought it in a long time although I did hear that he was trying to sell it on for a profit which I was sad to hear but, life goes on I guess. It was a very heavily modified Spectral Blue Calibra, converted from redtop 16v to V6 with lambo doors, rear afterburners etc.

I've been having a clear out of spares from my storage unit and came across a selection of Calibra parts that have been gathering dust so though I would get back on here to say hi and see if the parts I have are any use to anyone. The only issue is that, although all my old posts still exist, they no longer count towards my post count meaning I cant post on any "For Sale" thread. Why was that done if the posts are still there? Was there problems with the site at some point?

Anyway, hi again everyone. Hope you are all well.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Hi everyone

by Mark1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:50 am

Hi Phil

Nice see you pop in, the guy sold the car and it was then broken, I can't remember why, I think the rust worm had got it, a lot of bits ended up on other cars.
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

by rich30mex » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:24 am

correct he wanted silly money for it it was on eBay several times then stripped as Mark said

What are the parts you we're wanting to part with mate ?
THE TEA BAG Calibra l,e number 4
THE WELLY rio verdi ecotec on a N reg
UNCLE ALBERT gray 8v on a J reg

Best engine bay 2011
Best engine bay 2014
Best in show 2016
Treasures cup 2016
Best engine bay 2017
Best modern retro total retro 2018

mag features
practical classics
modern classic
performance vauxhall

Have car have cloth will clean need life
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator

by Phil69 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:19 pm

:( Just shows a lack of commitment to the old faithful. I know it appeared on Ebay for more money than I sold it for, only a short time after I sold it but didnt know it went up again after that. There were rust areas on it but nothing structural. It was all fixable and was still able to pass the MOT. Sounds to me that, despite the plans he TOLD me he had for it, he was actually just buying it to make money. I'm absolutely certain he would of made a profit on it in parts but I never had the heart to break it and he assured me he wasn't going to do that. Feel like crying now :alright:

The parts I have here right now are a complete pair of headlights as well as 2 more right hand headlight glass lenses. I also have a collection of motors too which are likely to be window and sunroof motors but still trying identify them at the min.....my Calibra knowledge has drifted with old age compared to what it used to be.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phil69 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:23 pm

What happened with the accounts anyway? Like said, my old posts are all still there so how come I had to re-register?
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Callyman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi Phil, you're the only Phil69 on the members list so where can you see the old posts?

Prev admin decided one day it would be a good idea to delete people that hadn't been on line for a while.
Needless to say he's no longer around.
Attachments
Phil69.jpg
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by Phil69 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Yeah I'm the only Phil69 and my posts havent been deleted......its just that my old post count is no longer against my name and I'm back to starting at zero again.
I'm not particularly bothered about getting the post count again although it does stop me from being able to list the spares I have for sale and would end up having to put them through Ebay instead which incurs costs etc.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Phil you can post parts in the for sale section you just need an Admin to approve it I for one have no problem with approving your for sale thread
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phil69 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks very much. Oh ok, I thought it was pretty much set in stone that you had to reach the minimum number of posts first.

I'll have a go tomorrow then. Spent far too much time in front of the computer today. Need a break now :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Callyman » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:39 pm

192 posts in 2 days.

Impressive :lol:
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by Callyman » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:03 pm

:shock: Good point.
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by Phil69 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:37 pm

Haha, ok, maybe quite a lot of my old posts have gone after all. I didnt look in too much detail in fairness. No doubt it's the same for a number of people though. Its no problem. At least I can list the parts I have now to save them from going to waste :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phil69 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:29 am

No, no. Not at all :)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Phil69 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:31 am

How many Calibra's were on stand at Billing this year? I had hoped to make a guest appearance but it was on a race weekend for me so was already away.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Mark1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:50 am

We had about 40 which is well up on last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark...........It's Red........It's a V6............It's an SE9!..............and She's bad.
Mark1@clubcalibra.net

ClubCalibra Best Presented 2006
ClubCalibra Best Presented 2010
ClubCalibra Best Interior 2011

My Garage
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Next