OBDII diagnostic port interface

For all general things Calibra related

OBDII diagnostic port interface

by V6_E » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:11 pm

I know it works on my Cupra R but would this work on a Calibra? I cant see why not and what information it might give along with the fault codes instead of having to do the paperclip test like we all used to have to do if the EML came on could be useful to people.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Using this as my interface:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stoga-V1-5-ELM327-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B008BPN7XI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1435665884&sr=8-7&keywords=obd2+bluetooth+elm327+v1.5

The information it gives me is really useful and it saved several trips to a Vauxhall garage for my wife's 2010 Corsa (when she had it). That had a dodgy clutch pedal sensor.

Just a thought as i couldnt see it mentioned on here and its something i picked up for under £10 in total but has saved a lot more than that in garage visits.

Elliott
P Reg V6 In Titanium Pearl thats going to be stripped for parts now after being let down on it being bought whole :(

Now in a Crono yellow 2010 Seat Leon Cupra R with all the toys
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: OBDII diagnostic port interface

by sealeysonic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:31 pm

As far as I know the Bluetooth dongle only works for cars 2001 onwards where full Obd 2 protocols are standard....plus we need to use a pin converter cable as the calibra obd port is 10pin.......my obd (lappy based) software picks the right pin(7) for comms....the Bluetooth dongle won't do that.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by V6_E » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:00 pm

P Reg V6 In Titanium Pearl thats going to be stripped for parts now after being let down on it being bought whole :(

Now in a Crono yellow 2010 Seat Leon Cupra R with all the toys
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by rips » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Remember that the ECU only throws a fault code if an input is out of range. Sensors can give false readings well within these limits. The ECU will give you much more detailed information if you have something which will capture it
It is unfortunate that the ALDL interface is in the Engine bay. If it was in the passenger cell, you would also be able to capture data while you go for a drive.
1995 Calibra 16v Ecotec Jungle Green
1990 Elan SE Pacific Blue
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by sealeysonic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 am

Would be cool that......!....just like that App Torque.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv13Nc4FXQY
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net