V6 Fuel Injection Pump Realy location

Any electrical issues

V6 Fuel Injection Pump Realy location

by Phill » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi folks, I need some help. I need to locate the fuel pump realy on my V6, A picture with a ring around it would be great. Also how would i test it with a multi meter ?.
I went to start my car today as i do periodically but i'm not hearing the pump prime the system. All fuses buz out ok and there is fuel in the tank. Is there anything else i should check as well as the realy ?.
Thanks.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

Re: V6 Fuel Injection Pump Realy location

by v6 steve » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 pm

The relay is in the kick panel just below the ecu on the drivers side, are you getting pressure at the Rail? Get under the tank listen for the buzz of the pump, just above the rear axel drivers side there is 2 plugs a 3 wire and 2 wire the 2 wire is the pump feed check see if you've got 12v after that it's tank down time
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: V6 Fuel Injection Pump Realy location

by Phill » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks steve, I thought it was there but from memory of stripping the XEV there are 3 or 4 realys there and i wasn't sure which one it was. I was next to the tank today and never heard a thing. Thanks for the tip to check the plugs above the axle as i didnt know about that. I will check that on wednesday when i finnish my shifts.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member