still abs probs

Any issues relating to suspension, steering and brakes.

still abs probs

by ytsrik » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 pm

after diong the poaperclip test if got fault code 16 on abs ( lh front solenoid check relay and connections) im lost now as have had a look in abs module and relays are fixed in and no idea about the solenoid!! ive heard i may have to replace whole module and there very expensive abs light is still on doing my head in!! any ideas on a fix anyone cheers
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: still abs probs

by Fraz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 pm

the ABS is pretty much reliable ...usually the problem is a worn ABS ring on the wheel or it has a crack in it, sometimes even a good clean up will fix it ...could be a very small crack so would check carefully all round the ABS ring

Other things is the connector has got corrosion in it ..I recall you may have changed the sensor, but have you checked the connector on the car side of it ??
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by ytsrik » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Fraz wrote:the ABS is pretty much reliable ...usually the problem is a worn ABS ring on the wheel or it has a crack in it, sometimes even a good clean up will fix it ...could be a very small crack so would check carefully all round the ABS ring

Other things is the connector has got corrosion in it ..I recall you may have changed the sensor, but have you checked the connector on the car side of it ??

cheers fraz yeh i did change sensor i cleaned up ring seems ok checked everything but dam light still on!! still reads code 16
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Allys Cally » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Could be a broken wire from the loom were it goes down through the wing, have you check that side to make sure it alright?
BETTER TO HAVE A CALIBRA AND NOT NEED ONE, THAN NEED A CALIBRA AND NOT HAVE ONE!!!

BEST STANDARD BILLING 2009 CO-OWNER
BEST STANDARD BILLING 2011 CO-OWNER
BEST PRESENTED BILLING 2012
BEST ENGINE BAY BILLING 2015
Chairmans Choice - Scottish Car Show 2016
BEST INTERIOR VBOA 2017
BEST IN SHOW VBOA 2018
VBOA CHAIRMAN CUP 2018
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Phill » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Could you have worn down the tip of a couple of the teeth a bit when cleaning the reluctor ring ?.
Phill.
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member