Remote Central Locking conversion.

Any electrical issues

Re: Remote Central Locking conversion.

by Cliff » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 pm

It is tight, even if you solder - not a lot of movement - though you can remove some of the tape binding the loom to free it up a little.
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Pinner-man » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:25 am

Hi

I read through the instructions again this evening with the intention of making a start with the remaining wiring. However I must admit I do not understand the procedure for identifying the lock and unlock wires. I then ran out of time and unfortunately I am going on holiday from tomorrow until 27 August. I am not losing interest in the project and I am keen to complete it, I appreciate your help, but time is the problem. I will contact you on my return for some more advice.

Regards
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Cliff » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:52 am

Sure, no problem. You can always give me a call and I can explain on the phone instead when you come back. Enjoy your holidays!!
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Pinner-man » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:12 pm

remcenloccons.pdf
(107.02 KiB) Downloaded 874 times
Hi Cliff

Back from a very enjoyable holiday.

I have attached a .pdf file which includes a circuit diagram and some questions. I hope you can read it.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

by Cliff » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:01 am

Hi!

I can read it perfectly, nice clear diagram and you have understood what I wrote - confirm that 12v, 0v, 2*COM and NO are all correctly assigned.

To your questions:

"IN THE UNLOCKED SITUATION WHAT SHOULD BE THE VOLTAGE ON THE LOCK AND UNLOCK WIRES. IN THE LOCKED SITUATION WHAT SHOULD BE THE VOLTAGE ON THE LOCK AND UNLOCK WIRES." - when in the locked or unlocked state the lock and unlock wires will measure no voltage at all - the way the ECU works is that a 0v pulse (a small interval short to earth/0v) occurs on either the locked or unlocked wire. That pulse tells the ECU to lock or unlock the doors according to which wire the pulse was sensed on.

"DOES TURNING THE IGNITION ON MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO THE VOLTAGES." No it doesn't make any difference at all - the ECU works the same for lock/unlock operations whether ignition is on or off - a pulse on the respective wire.

A 0v pulse on the mostly brown wire with a red stripe (BRRT in Haynes diagram) will cause the ECU to trigger the lock operation and a 0v pulse on the mostly brown wire with a white (BRWS) will cause the ECU to trigger the unlock operation. To test them, put your multimeter on continuity mode (where you can test if a piece of wire is "ok" for example, often the multimeter beeps to indicate continuity), put one probe on a known 0v/earth and the other probe on the respective wire and then lock. This should result in (using lock as an example) if you hold one probe on a known 0v/earth, and the other on the brown/red wire when you lock the car (use the button on the drivers door card) you should get a short beep (continuity). Then switching that probe to the BRWS and unlocking the car (use the button again) you should get another short beep (continuity).

Both wires can be found in the loom that is plugged into the ECU - you may need to unplug the connector to be able to correctly locate them.

Is that a bit clearer?

Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BigDaz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:23 pm

just read this whole thread and may i say well done to you Andrew for getting all this info together it seems to be very helpful as i will be doing the same to my calibra this weekend i do have a question tho Andrew my unit from flea bay has the function for indicators to flash with lock and unlock is there wires i can splice into near the central locking ecu my calibra a 1992 or do i have to run them into engine bay
'Once Driven Forever Smitten'

Silver 1992 C2OXE CALLY (Weekend use only)

Se2 1994 C20XE CALLY (On Going Project)

Red 1991 SRI C20XE CAVVY (Been Stored Since 2008)

Red 2016 Insignia VX Line (Daily Driver)
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Hiya Daz, thanks - you can find the indicator wiring in the car without going to the engine bay though not at the locking ECU (I don't believe). Wire colours you're looking for are mostly black with a white stripe (L) and mostly black with a green stripe (R) - should be relatively easy to locate from the shroud around the steering wheel and the loom running down from there.
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BigDaz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:35 am

Many thanks Andy i will have a look

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge using tapatalk

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by BigDaz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Almost got mines wired in but do you which wire is for power close windows and where the wire would be

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:46 pm

BigDaz wrote:Almost got mines wired in but do you which wire is for power close windows and where the wire would be

What year Gaz?
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BigDaz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 pm

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Remote Central Locking conversion.

by Cliff » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Mostly brown with a black stripe - I think you should find it at the Central Locking ECU. Jumper it to mostly brown with red stripe and you should get closure on locking.
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BigDaz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Massive thanks to you Andy i got mines all wired up and working great Ebay bargain £8.00 lol sorry to pinner man for hijacking the theard but thanks for starting it been a massive help

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Cliff » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:15 pm

BigDaz wrote:Massive thanks to you Andy i got mines all wired up and working great Ebay bargain £8.00 lol sorry to pinner man for hijacking the theard but thanks for starting it been a massive help

Cool, happy you got it sorted Daz!
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another delay

by Pinner-man » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi Andrew

Its Pinner-man. I am afraid, I have not got any further with my upgrade. Almost as soon as I got back from holiday I got a chest infection and spent a couple of days in hospital being pumped full of antibiotics, I am recovering quite well but it may be a few days before I can get back to working on the car. I will say that suggesting I check the colour coding of the connector to the remote receiver was good point. They use BLACK as the 0v or earth not BROWN.

Regards
Pinner-man
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

PreviousNext