LED Headlights for the Calibra

Any electrical issues

LED Headlights for the Calibra

by Pinner-man » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:09 am

I fitted HID headlights bulbs to my previous Calibra - they were very good for dipped beam. I want to upgrade the headlights on my current car and was wondering if the LED type is a possiblity. I have seen that H1 LED bulbs are available but are they suitable for a standard Calibra reflector. Also are they as bright as the HID type. I would appreciate any advice on LED headlight bulbs for the Calibra.

Regards
Pinner-man
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member

Re: LED Headlights for the Calibra

by Callyman » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Anyone have any info on the above enquiry?
Details on how to join the club---Click me
Club Memberships
Club Memberships

by purple-beast » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:40 pm

I've been looking into this myself as far as I know they slot in the same as your normal bulb they're a more intense light so the light reflector shouldn't be an issue they don't burn as hot as a fillement bulb and they use less energy. I haven't fitted any yet only my side light r LED I was going to wait until I get new lights front and rear and as for brightness they're the same if not better as u can up grade the main beam as well and no horrible blue light like the HID. Hope that helps
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Pinner-man » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:12 am

Hi

Thanks for the information. Its good to hear that they are as bright as the HID type and of course a lot easier to fit. There were some H1 LED bulbs on Ebay but they were very expensive. I will look for other suppliers.

Regards
Gold Club Member
Gold Club Member