Alarm fault. could it be the key??

Any electrical issues

Alarm fault. could it be the key??

by Richiem » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Guys ive got myself a immobilizer issue thats just started and wondered if anyone could shed any info on the cause?
Seems the car randomly wont start and sometimes just starts but only just runs shuddering with no guts!
After talking to richie G he`s suggested it might be due to me using my second key which has a circular hole in the middle were he said a transponder should be fitted! Is this the case?? I have been driving the car with this key for a few days and it has been driving ok until today.
Would it be like that ( work not work??) I would of thought it would simply not work at all..
Im getting the fault code 144 ( immobilizer not signal )
Ganna try the other key from now and see if it solves it.
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Alarm fault. could it be the key??

by KERR_SE9 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:57 pm

I had a similar problem with my turbo a few years ago,was a loose terminal on the ecu from the immob feed
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by Richiem » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:49 pm

This all started when i tampered with the wiring on the clifford 650 alarm that has flashing led`s and a switch on my centre console.
I had to unplug these wires in order to remove my centre console and get to the heater matrix.
Ive never had this issue until i did this to the clifford wiring???
Could the clifford alarm on the car also be linked to the factory alarm / immobilizer ??
Seems odd that as soon as i did that , this problem started!
Club Member
Club Member

by Richiem » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Nice one, good to know were that is . Have had the steering covers off just the other day as they were scrapping when turning.
Just been out and checked and it seems plugged in and ok! Theres a valet switch for the clifford alarm and a flashing light that i did remove from the centre console the other day and its when i removed both of theses that the car wouldnt start.. I refitted them and them locked / unlocked the car with the clifford fob a good few times then the car came back to life.. Makes me think it must of been removing them that started this thing off.. Ive been out there today and shes started atleast 10 times ok so not sure if its gone. Drove ok yesterday with no problems but refused to start when i came back to it about an hour later. Guess ill have to take a chance and see if it happens again .
Sometimes wish these things would just pack up rather than work/ not work. You never know if its gonna return otherwise..
Club Member
Club Member

by Richiem » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:58 am

Just to finish this post of ( hopefully) Since using the key with the key , the problem has totally gone?? Hoping that it was this and nothing more serious causing the issue.. Not really changed anything else tbh..
Club Member
Club Member