Calli not starting but it is turning over

For all general things Calibra related

Calli not starting but it is turning over

by dutchef » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:47 am

Hi guys,

I went to pick up my daughter from school and everything was going fine. I waited for her and after she arrived I was going to drive us home but my Cally wouldn't start, dang :-(. The car was turning over but it was like it wasn't getting any fuel? I had a garage pick it up and check it out but the fuel pump and filter were OK. They have a sparkie looking at it now but he seems to be baffled as well? Does anyone out there have any idea what it could be? they were talking about the crankshaft sensor I believe but it sounds like they've gone off that idea. please help.

Jeff
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Calli not starting but it is turning over

by Cliff » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am

dutchef wrote:Hi guys,

I went to pick up my daughter from school and everything was going fine. I waited for her and after she arrived I was going to drive us home but my Cally wouldn't start, dang :-(. The car was turning over but it was like it wasn't getting any fuel? I had a garage pick it up and check it out but the fuel pump and filter were OK. They have a sparkie looking at it now but he seems to be baffled as well? Does anyone out there have any idea what it could be? they were talking about the crankshaft sensor I believe but it sounds like they've gone off that idea. please help.

Jeff

Hi!

Any lights on the dash during cranking? Have you done a paperclip test to check for ECU errors?
Site Admin
Site Admin

by v6 steve » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:39 pm

did they check the timming belt
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by dutchef » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks for your input guys,I'll check with the sparkie.
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net