Help, with a wee dilemma

For all general things Calibra related

Help, with a wee dilemma

by KERR_SE9 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi folks recently picked up a mint Se6 with only 42K miles on it, belonged to Fraz, on here, I'm sure some of you will know the car. Only problem, well not really, is that instead of the original ne, it has a c20xe fitted, now I realise this makes for a nicer drive etc, but compared to a turbo there's prob not much difference, now my question to you guys is, do I tidy up the xe (as it came from an se2, so colour scheme doesn't go) or do I source an original ne and rebuild it, thus returning the car to original condition?

ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

Re: Help, with a wee dilemma

by Chavtastic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 pm

You could have the best of both worlds - enjoy it as a C20XE till you come to sell it, at which point you can offer to fit an NE for the new buyer free of charge (sale of C20XE will cover this).
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by KERR_SE9 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:35 pm

That's an idea, should have had the xe from the factory anyway! The purist in me says revert to it, but a bit of work, only to really go backwards
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by v6 steve » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:16 pm

what a shame that the NE was taken out in the 1st place when we (me Ally MR C and Fraz) bought that car it was 100% original only 36k and full services history and was the best example of a standard calibra iv ever seen, now the xe is in there i think i would tidy up the engine bay and make it look 100% so it looks as good as the rest of the car, yes it wont be the right engine but if the engine bay looked right i think it would be worth more, its not as if you can put back the original engine
steve
Chairman

The Drain

LE 4x4 turbo

SE2 4x4 turbo RIP
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by DanSE4 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:11 am

Took this out of James's SE5 at the weekend.

It's not 100% original as it's had some head work with SEH parts but I know James is looking to sell once we've completed the conversion. Might be worth having a word with him if you're interested (his username here is Miscbrah), the engine is in Milton Keynes though so it would be a case of arranging transport/courier.

ECU, key chip & transponder ring would also be available if required.
Calibra SE4 3.2 V6 + F28

A Couple of German Cars!
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by tosh1985 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:46 am

if you go with dans option i may just be going to milton keynes at that point so gives a heads up it could shorten journey for ya
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net

by John Owens » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm

I'd say the red top is a more desirable engine john so id leave it where it was & tidy the bay up a bit

Praise the Lowered !
ClubCalibra.net
ClubCalibra.net